Twin Otter X2®
Not Overhauled. Not Refurbished. It’s Re-Life.
NEW 66,000 Hour/132,000 Cycle Life
The AEVEX Twin Otter X2® is unlike any Twin Otter aircraft on the market. Operators can now get the same dependability that legacy series Twin Otter operators have come to expect but without the down-time and high maintenance costs associated with aging airplanes. This increased reliability is due to the fact that the airplane is completely remanufactured during the AEVEX Twin Otter X2® production process, using our proprietary structural Re-Life process and/or new parts and components. Offered with a brand new interior, new engines, customized avionics, and all new wiring, the Twin Otter X2® combines AEVEX’s Supplemental Type Certificates (STC’s) to “Re-Life” the entire airplane to a new fully useful life. The Twin Otter X2® includes the DHC-6 Re-Life Wing Box®, RMWI DHC-6 Re-Life Nacelles®, DHC-6 Re-Life Flight Controls®, and DHC-6 Re-Life Fuselage® Supplemental Type Certificates (STCs).
Each Twin Otter X2® is customizable to meet the needs of the operator. AEVEX offers a wide variety of products and modifications to meet even the most unique customer requirements. Our team will lead you through the modification process to ensure a successful custom Twin Otter X2®.
Contact us to learn more about the detailed Re-Life process that each AEVEX Twin Otter X2® undergoes. AEVEX can walk you through the Twin Otter X2® options and tailor a solution specific to your operational needs.
United States FAA STC Nos. SA02380LA, SA00160LA, SA02457LA, SA02474LA.
Canada Transport Canada STC Nos. SA15-7, SA96-065, SA14-62, SA15-14.
European (EASA) STC Nos. 10052608, 10048528, 10053323, 10048850.
- AEVEX DHC-6 Re-Life Fuselage®.
- AEVEX DHC-6 Re-Life Wing Boxes®.
- AEVEX Re-Life Flight Controls®.
- AEVEX DHC-6 Re-Life Nacelles®.
- New fuselage, wing, and nacelle wiring harnesses, with remanufactured electrical panels and new circuit breakers.
- All system components are fully checked, factory-new or newly overhauled, as appropriate.
- Fixed wheeled landing gear, overhauled, with new tires and Cleveland wheels/brakes.
- Current maintenance inspections (Basic A, B, C12, and D Checks per DHC PSM 1-6-7).
- Baseline five (5) year corrosion inspection I.A.W. DHC-6 Corrosion Inspection Manual, PSM
- Exterior painted white with DuPont® Imron® polyurethane enamel, no stripes, wing exhaust
path painted black, with registration markings.
- FAA Standard Certificate of Airworthiness.
PT6A-27 Engines: Zero-Time, factory-new; with option for PT6A-34 Engines.
HC-B3TN-3D: Zero-Time since overhaul.
- Standard nineteen (19) passenger commuter seating configuration.
- Air stair passenger entry door.
- Seats covered in durable, fade resistant fabric/vinyl materials (customer color choice), with
- Commuter-type “hard shell” Kydex interior.
- Dual Garmin G600 MFD/PFD.
- Garmin GTN750 touch screen NAV/COM/WAAS GPS transceiver with VHF/VOR/ILS/GS capabilities.
- Garmin GTN650 touch screen secondary NAV/COM/WAAS GPS transceiver with VHF/VOR/ILS/GS capabilities.
- Garmin GTX33ES ATC Mode S Transponder with encoder
- Mid-Continent MD302 Standby Attitude Module (SAM).
- Marker beacon.
- Paging Passenger Address system.
- Dual audio panels.
- Artex 406 AF ELT with whip antenna.
Custom Avionics Options:
- Weather Radar.
- TAWS Class A or B.
- HF Radio.
- Satellite tracker.
Contact Us About Aircraft For Sale
AEVEX currently has a number of Twin Otters X2® airplanes available for sale. Contact us about available options and pricing to best meet your needs.